Join the Sabre team and become part of a family-owned business that cares about its employees. Working with us offers significant rewards, both personal and professional. We provide many different learning opportunities and ongoing training. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Learn more about what makes Sabre a rewarding place to work.
- Recognized as one of the Midwest’s Bryant Factory Authorized Dealers
- An A+ Accredited Business with the Better Business Bureau
- Member of the Builders Association of the Twin Cities
- An ENERGY STAR New Home Construction Professional
- Home building partner with Pulte Homes, LDK Homes, Gonyea Homes & Remodeling, Country Joe Homes, Robert Thomas Homes, D R Horton, K Hovnanian Homes, Ryland Homes, and Lennar
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Single premium for medical and dental insurance paid by Sabre for all employees
- Company-match 401k accounts
- $240 company contribution to H.S.A.
- $20,000 life insurance
- Tools and uniforms supplied to new employees
- Annual performance reviews
- Company vehicle for journeymen plumbers, HVAC leads, and service providers
- Ongoing training and NATE certification
- Apprentice training
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement
- Team outings, holiday party, and barbecues
- Friendly family environment
“I started with Sabre eight years ago as a plumbing apprentice. I worked and learned on the job, accruing the hours required to take the journeyman’s license test. Since day one I’ve felt that Steve has a genuine interest in my wellbeing, both as an employee at Sabre and as a person outside of work. I’ve been recognized and rewarded for my hard work. Some of my favorite things about the job are working outdoors and the people we work with. It’s been fun getting to know the different tradesmen and working together to get the job done. Sabre’s quality craftsmanship and ability to work with our builders have been some of the reasons we’ve remained consistently busy throughout the years. It feels good to work for a company that appreciates the people who work for them.”
-Mike Wickenhauser, journeyman plumber, 8 years at Sabre
“I have been with Sabre Plumbing for five years. In this time, I have discovered that this is a company that is customer oriented. The owner wishes to provide a service that has value and is fair in price. While some companies work on high pressure sales, Sabre works to inform the homeowner of products that will benefit in their comfort and increase the securities for their home. Preventing floods, high and low humidity, and hard water deposits plus many other things. We work diligently to respond as quickly as possible and maintain a 24-hour emergency service. All in all, saber works enthusiastically to provide a service that is unique in the industry.”
-Royce Roberts, journeyman service plumber, 5 years at Sabre
“I decided to join Sabre four years ago because it was a family-owned business. After working in corporate facilities for many years, it was refreshing to work in an environment where the owner is very much involved with the company. Throughout the years I have always had a consistent workload. There have never been times where work has been minimal, therefore it has been a reliable place to support my family. I have stayed with Sabre because I have been very happy with the work environment, the owner, and the overall experience in working with HVAC.
I believe many customers chose Sabre because it is a family-owned business that is loyal to its clientele. We never pressure customers with selling product, but rather fix what is needed and guide them in the right direction. We gain trust with our customers by service techs returning to the same homes each year for preventative maintenance. This way customers are able to create a relationship with the person fixing and maintaining their equipment. We are a fair-priced company that will get the job done.
Over the years, I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Sabre. They are always willing to go the extra length to get you trained on equipment with which you are not familiar. I have gained knowledge and experience that I believe I could not have received at just any other company.”
-Jacob Kunerth, service technician, 4 years at Sabre