A finished basement adds market value and an element of relaxation and entertainment to any home. To ensure your basement remodeling project is headache-free and all you hoped for, consider these five tips from Sabre Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning.
- Have ideas in mind. Before you start researching contractors, figure out what you envision for your space. Will you use your refinished basement for extra bedrooms, family relaxation time, or a party destination with a bar area? The more you know, the easier it is to make budget-wise decisions on material and remodeling options.
- Find your perfect construction partner. Make sure the contractor you select is fully licensed and insured, and in tune with your remodeling vision. From heating and electrical to plumbing and drywall, your construction partner should see your ideas clearly and manage your project seamlessly.
- Add a basement bathroom. Whether it’s a special party or an overnight stay, no guest wants to trek upstairs to use the bathroom. Adding a bathroom to your basement remodeling project will make the entire living space more comfortable and convenient, and improve your home’s long-term value. Hire plumbers who are fully licensed to handle any building, remodeling, or upgrading job. They should be able to thoroughly examine your current plumbing setup and provide a written estimate before any work begins.
- Keep humidity in check. Nothing puts a damper on the time you spend in your refinished basement like damp air. A dehumidifier will eliminate any musty odors and make your basement air healthier. Maintaining proper humidity levels also helps extend the life of any carpeting or furnishings in your basement décor.
- Consider your heating and cooling options. Creating livable basement space means maintaining cost-effective, comfortable air temperatures all year long. Consider modifying existing ductwork or adding a zone system to keep the basement temperature comfortable. Or explore other lower-level heating and cooling options, like radiant heating or a ductless split system.
For Every Floor in Your Home, Call Sabre
Everyday living in every room of your home is all about comfort. That’s why Sabre is proud to be a leading full-service plumbing, heating, cooling, and air quality company. As a Bryant® Factory Authorized dealer, our certified technicians provide routine and 24-hour emergency service to Greater Twin Cities residents like you. It’s the same level of care we’ve delivered since our first year of business in 1997.